DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the maintenance of grounds, lawns, recreational areas and facilities. Also perform skilled building and equipment maintenance work requiring a good knowledge of more than one trade. This work requires the operation of motorized equipment and the ability to lift more than fifty (50) pounds. Direct supervision is received from a superior who assigns and inspects work. Does related work as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma and one (1) year of paid experience in grounds maintenance work which involved the operation of commercial grade motorized equipment and three (3) years of paid experience in building construction or maintenance work. Possession of applicable New York State Driver's License at time of appointment and throughout employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 10, 2020
SUBSTITUTE STAFF NEEDED
- Food Service Helpers
To apply, please submit the civil service application to:Royalton-Hartland CSD54 State StreetMiddleport NY 14105
Royalton-Hartland Central School District is an equal opportunity employer
Potential coaches may possess three different backgrounds:
1) A person who holds a valid certificate to teach physical education in New York State may coach any sport in any school.
2) A teacher certified to teach in New York State in an area other than physical education may also be appointed to coach.
3) A person who does not hold a current New York State teaching certificate may be appointed as a temporary coach only if there are no certified teachers available with experience and qualifications to coach the team. Effective January 1, 2014 anyone applying for a temporary coaching certificate must have completed a State Education Department (SED) approved Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) anti-bullying workshop.
Regardless of the experience or teaching certificates a person may have, State Education Law requires that a person appointed as a coach of an interschool athletic team must have:
1) Valid First Aid for Coaches
2) Adult CPR/AED certification
3) Fingerprint clearance from the NYSED
4) Concussion in Youth Sports Training
The hiring of coaches will be in accordance with:
1) Regulations of the Commissioner of Education Section 135.4 (c) (7) (i) (c) and Section 135.5
2) Schedule D, Section D.1 and E of the current Royalton-Hartland Teachers' Association Agreement